Cabin [WIP] Cabin [WIP]

Yeah. The guitar melodies sound pretty decent. Add some vocals, some percussion (even if all you got is a box to beat on), and it has good potential. I'd bring the slow vocals in around 0:35 and everything before could be the intro. The song starts to pick up at 0:50 so bring up the tempo and possibly faster vocals there too. The guitar melodies start to really complement each other after the minute mark. Sounds tight.

Keep practicing, musician. It's not like you have a choice tho.

Lost and Deep Lost and Deep

Really soothing, contemplative music and it maintains a mellow vibe throughout, which I dig. Reading the author comments I can't help but feel this is supposed to be a depressed song, or maybe that's just me thinking that.

iLifeMusicDude responds:

i put alot of mixed emotions into this song. im kinda at a point of my life where im trying to figure many things out and trying to stay positive about it as much as i can. many people are helping me right now and i couldn't be more happy to have them in my life. but art seems to be the best way for me to dump out any negative emotions i still have stored inside

Odyssey Odyssey

My new favorite song at the moment. God damn you are versatile. Keep making music, but it's not like you have a choice. Musicians never do.

LunyAlex responds:

Thanks a bunch man, means a lot! And you're completely right, haha.

Uprising Uprising

This feels like it's part of the other demo. Could take the best parts of this (1:06) and combine with Hypocrite and some more composition to make an epic metal piece.

I'm anticipating the time when you can get your gear fixed and try your hand at this style of music again.

Hypocrite [Old Demo] Hypocrite [Old Demo]

You had to expect me, dude. I was coming eventually.

I loved the first half of the song. The second half was also righteous. This demo could definitely be crafted into a more complete great metal song.

Razors on the Dance Floor Razors on the Dance Floor

Needs more metal.

Just kidding, but seriously. I'm itching to hear your metal make a comeback. For this, I should let it be known that dubstep is probably one of the genres I dislike (to put it lightly) the most, next to generic country. They all just sound the same to me. I probably liked the first dubstep song I heard, after that, I realized it was a dumb genre.

That said, like the other review said, you've created something unique with the sound of it. At least unique to me. The build up like that is focused starting with such a simple sound and building up to lots of energy. When the song kicks in at 0:45, normally what the beats that would bore me to death keep me entertained by the awesome melodies you've crafted over them. They honestly make the song for me. So you wouldn't be surprised that my favorite part is at 1:27 because it's just purely that. Then it goes on and adds that dubstep thing which keeps it from getting repetitive, which is ok.

Also, may be my earphones and speakers, but I think your sound and mix is great. Soothing as fuck. That's one thing you got nailed down so idk what that other was talking about. A suggestion, I do think it would be awesome if you make a metal version of this song. Part of what gets me through it is imaging some of the dubstep as rhythmic chugging sounds. I think the conversion would work great with some tweaking, and knowing your style when it comes to the metal you've shown, it would sound fantastic too.

SOrry for the long winded review, but yeah, you should know your sound is a success if you got someone who doesn't like dubstep praising your song.

LunyAlex responds:

Firstly, the fact that you took the time to write that means a lot! Thank you!
I'm glad you think it'd work well in a metal song, because usually my writing philosophy with electronic music is to make "metal riffs" with the sounds and textures of more aggressive electro styles.
To be perfectly frank, aside from the occasional Nine Inch Nails, I don't actually listen to electronic music (Shhhh, don't tell anyone, hah).
Not to say it's not a fun creative outlet. I take it seriously stylistically, but I would agree with you on the premise that most dubstep&co. out there is pretty bad. There's exceptions, and I'm not bashing the whole genre, but I usually have to look around a bit before I can find something that sounds interesting.

Regarding my metal stuff, I'll get back to it at some point, preferably soon. Right now I'm not in the position to do so as I'd need to invest a bit before it'd be possible again, but in a month or two it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again for the feedback and kind words!

Endling Endling

It sounds great for the theme you're going for, right from the start. Though I gotta admit I personally didn't really get into it fully until you started messing with different chords and the other instruments joined in at around that 1:20 mark. From there on it is pretty epic, the build up to the end.

as far as the quality of the recording and mix... yeah, super high quality stuff. I couldn't do that.

HypnoSophistication responds:

Thank you very much, Ghecko! I'm glad you liked it!

Gradius III Invitation Gradius III Invitation

I like this. It says you're not scouted even though a guy below me said he did, but I scouted you anyway.

The only thing wrong with this piece is that the mix needs a lot of work to sound good. I also don't know if I'd call this heavy metal, but it is very epic adventure sounding.

Fading (Piano Improv) Fading (Piano Improv)

Fucking improv? Shit, man. This sounds so well measured, it's like a movie score. Great job with this.

If this is your improv, I'm about to see what you written stuff is like.

BlazingDragon responds:

Thanks man. To be honest though, I think my improv is about as good, and sometimes better, than my written stuff.

A lot of my improvisations are pretty bland, and those don't usually get uploaded. But when something intense is happening in my life, I tend to channel it into improv. Those improvs, the ones pulled from genuine emotions in the moment, are often just as good as anything I've composed.

A lot of people today see improvising as a sort of watered down version of composing. I see them as two related but alternative processes, each with distinct qualities and charms.

Content Content

No, THIS is my favorite. Even before the song finishes. Dude, you gotta hook me up with the chords and lyrics for this. This is something I would wanna cover myself because not only does it sound great but it sounds fun to play.

I mean your band sounds great but it's personal songs like this where it's just a guy and his guitar that sound the best to me. Probably because that's me and my friends.

all I got to say after marathoning all your audio, you guys are better musicians than me. At least as far as acoustic ska and punk. Probably the most clever shit I came up with is about a horse fly in my background.

FustigateM responds:

thank you so much man, and this one is all me so far =D it is a very personal song i would be happy to share chords and lyrics for. its also one of my newest ones ive written, ive been having writers block lately. ill PM you the lyrics and a basic idea of the chords, they are all bar chords pretty much